Friday, January 6, 2012

Fabulous First Timers no.17

When I signed up for my first Round Robin with the Crazy Quilting International Yahoo Group, I knew it was going to be an adventure. After all, I have never been in a RR before, I was new to crazy quilting and new to the group. I was really looking forward to finally be able to see up close a crazy quilt block, the embroidery of the other participant ladies, and to the challenge of stepping out of my comfort zone and seeing what happens out there :)
Not to mention, how curios I was to see my block embellished.


And an adventure it was, indeed! For more reasons than the five of us would have ever imagined...
This RR went through floods and fire, one of the members having lost her home in the Bastrop fires in Texas - can you imagine that when evacuating her home she remembered to take along with her the RR block she was working on?! -, some of us had, others still have to struggle with serious health problems or to face radical changes in our lives. But against all the odds, here we are, with gorgeously embellished blocks starting to arrive back to their owners!
My block arrived home yesterday and I can't wait to get it framed and hang it in front of my working table, so I can look at it and admire it all the time.


My theme was "If I Had A Rose Garden" and I asked the other four ladies to join me for a stitching tea party in my imaginary rose garden.


And as I look at my finished block, I am so glad that they accepted my invitation and judging by the beautiful and happy, colorful stitching they have done, I have a strong feeling that they have even enjoyed themselves.




Thank you ever so much, Genevieve, Jocelyne, Marianne and Michele!


6 comments:

Lee Albrecht said...

Lindo trabalho voce recebeu!
Um abraço e ótimo domingo

Mosaic Magpie said...

Imagine having the presence of mind to rescue the block from a burning house. The block is stunning and it is easy to see those stitching on it, did indeed enjoy it. It will be very pretty framed and hung above your work table.
Deb

Carol Anna said...

Fantasztikus! :)

Marjolein said...

I can imagine you are delighted with this block. Especially the rosebush is lovely!

Marianne Squire-Maszer said...

I enjoyed working on yor lovely garden block! Thank YOU, Manya!

Mosaic Magpie said...

Just checking in you, making sure I had not missed anything!
Deb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...